Sign in to follow this  
seeker02uk

Hi From Devon

Hi there, I have previously owned a petrol 156 and a diesel 147, fell in love with driving Alfas, so here I an after getting a lower mileage diesel 159 in great condition at a great price! I love it, as my work involves lots of driving so I'm sat in it for 4 hours a day.

I so far haven't any problems but looking to remap next month and a puddle of oil by the brake pedal, but not sure if it's the car or if I have stood in some. I am also looking for a swan tow bar hitch, as tow bar fitted but can't find any hitch :( anyway well check back often for tips and help.

Jackie

Welcome to AD :thumbs:

Smaky is our tech wizard, and will be happy(ish) to help with any questions.

Love the 159's, good choice :)

Welcome to AD jackie :thumbs: nice choice of car, i love 159's too :cool: If you haven't decided where to take it for the remap i can recommend Fred at ProAlfa in watford, bit far from Devon but if you drive a lot for work you may even be nearer at some point :thumbs: Good luck with the small niggles you have with it, im sure you will get some help on here :thumbs:

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

A diesel 159 is probably going to be the replacement for my 156, when it eventually decides to expire. :)

Biggy you cheeky sod, I'm always happy to help, and welcome, I see the Pagans and Druids have also started a facebook and there is a large community of Alfadrivers in the SW, as I will be joining their number the near future I'll say that we will probably meet before the end of the summer.

Thanks guys, so far I have the cold start pulling away problem, usually when I'm pulling out in main road traffic, it's fine when it's hot, so I have to remember to be careful cause I've been embarrassed more than once this week! Think it's the egr coked up thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It will be, but more to the point a coked up MAP sensor is the real cause to that problem, about 2 minutes to sort.

Thanks for the tip, I've ordered some cleaner and get my neighbour to undo it for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk