Angelom

Speaker Install

So the speakers in my Bella, since they only installed in the doors, didn't sound so good anymore.

I decided to go with a pair of 6x9 Pioneer 400w speakers installed in the parcel shelf.

I somehow thought that the positions in the standard shelf maybe had small holes in it to pass sound through it and that I could maybe just mount the speakers to the bottom of it, but not.

Ended up having to cut holes in it to install the speakers. Because the shelf is not perfectly flat and having to keep the rear headrests in mind too, the speakers isn't installed fully flush with the surface but still sounds way better compared to the ones in the doors.

Here's a few pics of the installation. 6usatu2y.jpgura5yjuh.jpgy6u4uhat.jpgzasahyve.jpgymy3y3ub.jpgavu4ujaq.jpg

Would be too big a mission to use the rear speakers installed in the doors' wires so ended up hooking the 6x9s up to a small amplifier in the boot. Luckily still had the power and source audio wires from a previous setup in the boot so that went quite quick.

Edited by Angelom

While tracing the wires of the speakers installed in the rear doors, I came across a loose wire/connection in the passenger side door pillar. I couldn't figure out what it was for or see a female connection where it should plug in. Here's a pic. Anybody have an idea what this is for?

qunu9y6u.jpg

Bose? I'm sure smacky will be along shortly to confirm or tell me I'm wrong lol

www.harry-p.co.uk

I'm not with you Harry? You mean to say that it could be pre-installed wire connections should a Bose system have been installed?

If at first you do succeed, don't look too surprised

The 156 had a bose option but I thought they didn't run the cables through.

My thoughts too, surely they wouldn't do/leave a connection for that in the pillar post

The car didn't have the original sound setup when I got it, but I'm sure it wasn't the Bose setup because there's no Bose labels on the tweeter pods, I also read that the Bose setup didn't have tweeters installed in the pods but rather had a two-way speaker in the doors, mine look to have factory installed tweeters in the pods

Edited by Angelom

Yeah my gta doesn't have the tweeters in the pods just the bose label. It's probably just a cable that is used in Europe or the states

It's a standard cable loom which just means that if BOSE is selected as an option they just have to plug it in.

Smiffy, If you'd have asked, I have a parcel shelf for a 156 which was designed to take 6x9s so you wouldn't have had to destroy yours in Clio fashion.

Smiffy, how could you!

Smaky can you post a pic of the shelf, would just like to see

Is it a standard shelf or was it customised?

I'll see if I can source one, lol since you think I butchered mine:D, was more for practical reasons though

Edited by Angelom

So the part where the speakers gets installed is removable? Speakers gets installed from the bottom? Still looks curved/shaped according to the pic?

Smiffy, how could you!

Ermmm soz :LOL:

Give it time Smiffy, just give it time !!!

I destroy tyres all the time.

And stop getting me into trouble with the members