Angelom

Twinspark Platinum Plugs

Planning a small roadtrip for the easter and thinking that I might want to do a oil and plugs change. I normally a oil change before every long trip, this one will be an approx. 2000kms round trip.

Full service, belts, pulleys etc. was all done about 43 000kms ago, will do the next full service at 250 000kms.

I know that these: PMR7A, BKR6EKPA are the right ones to use, but if on a tight budget (fuel for the trip will eat up almost all of the budget) can I temporarily replace them with others? Have not checked what the current ones look like. The previous ones I replaced did not really look bad.

Suggestions?

If at first you do succeed, don't look too surprised

I dont think there is a cheap alternative more a case of shopping around . Bosh do copper alternatives if you can find them but you'd better see if Smaky knows how suitable they are,

I used the BKR6EK in my previous car, BMW 325i, they exactly the same as the BKR6EKPA, except that they not platinum... They much much cheaper...

Will see tomorrow if the local spares shops stocks them or can source them, I take it they reliable enough, but for how long? Obviously not as durable as the platinum ones?

Can't find the bosch plugs at our local spares shops, will check this afternoon how the current ones look and depending on that maybe leave the plug change till next full service

So, I returned from our trip on Monday evening. Changed only the oil and filter, didn't change any plugs, just checked all of them and gave them a clean with a wire brush. Car ran like a dream, very proud of my Bella

I've been comparing the alternatives, and I think, even if you are on low budget, that they are not worth enough. I would rather risk changing the main plugs only. I've tested several times running the car only on main plugs and didn't notice any change,no ecu errors, even on lambda. perhaps on emissions, (that's one of the reasons the secondary plugs are there) but only with proper hardware can figure it out.

anyway, on ebay and places other than AR dealers, you can find the OEM plugs for a VERY decent price.

I get the NGK plugs cheaper from dealers than any other supplier, even with trade discounts.

you should have a internet website to sell us some goodies :)