Angelom

Dipping Speedo Needle

Hi,

Don't know if anybody had a problem like this, haven't seen or read about one yet...

The Sele has developed a problem where on some occasions when switching between high and low beams the speedo needle takes a dip and come back up.

All other electrics (besides the one rear light which stays on due to a faulty rev counter, I have take the globe out in the meantime) seems to be working fine.

I dont know where to start elimianting the fault

Any help appreciated guys and girls

That sounds to me to be a huge drain problem, in that when you select main/low lights there is such a drain on power that the ECU is glitching, so start with the battery terminals, main engine earth, the ECU earth neaxt to it and the loom earth under the ECU, if they are all sound then move on to the light unit earth points and try resistance checks through these earth points and the battery.

Thanks Smaky, I have a new battery and all terminals are tight, will have a look at lights wiring, as to the Ecu, main earth, loom, wouldn't know where to look...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The main earth goes from the battery -ve terminal to the inner wing below the battery and then accross to the gearbox, it's the thick black wire,

The ECU earth is a thin brown wire connected to the plate the engine ECU is sat on on top of the throttle body,

The loom earth is connected by a 13mm nut and stud to the back of the cylinder head at the gearbox end,

The light earths on the chassis not too far from the lights themselves, just follow the wires.

Thanks for all the help, will have a look tomorrow, worked night shift and when I got home this morning had a blocked drain which I've just finished with. Off to bed now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk