Sign in to follow this  
LJ_GQV

Gqv Calipers, Same As 159?

I need to fit new brake pads on my GQV and found they are 330mmx28mm which is the same as the 3.2 & 2.4 brera's and 159's rather than the GTA 330mm brakes?. After a bit of searching i have seen someone has said that the GQV uses difrent pads as the GQV has little piston like fitings to locate it in the caliper piston which the 159 doesn't have. is this right ? or can i buy the pads for a 159/brera as i can't seem to find anything listed for the GQV ->

http://www.motorspor...PAGE=/start.asp

i want to change the discs too and seen some snazzy looking tarox discs, i know theres no real need for drilled/grooved etc on road cars and they can be noisy but tbh i dont mind that and i like the look of them more than standard discs :$ be useful for trackdays though so not completly useless :)

Again though, these are listed for the 159/brera so would there be a problem with it?

http://www.gazzellar...cat=4100&page=1

thanks for your help :thumbs:

Cheers :thumbs: is there any reason discs can be either but pads are GQV specific then?

Was looking at getting brembo sport 2000 HPE pads as they sound pretty good. Can't seem to find them for the GQV though :Confused:

does the 1.6 diesel Giulietta use the same brake pads as the QV? im obviously doing something wrong as everytime i search for giulietta brakes i can't find cloverleaf stuff, keeps coming up with diesels and the 116 Giulietta from years ago :grr:

The front GQV brakes are unique, the 1.6 diesel uses the boring old single pot ones.

1 of my ideas wont work then :LOL:

Thanks for the offer :thumbs: Id like to upgrade the brakes while im changing them as its got more power now so seems a good idea at this point. If i can, I'd like to get the tarox strada pads to go with sport japan discs (thats the easy bit to find). I found a part number on the gazzella racing site for the strada pads in the GQV section, put it in google & that part number brings up those pads but for a Volvo (and a couple of others i think) :Confused:

Just a guess now but are the calipers made by brembo than shipped off to alfa,porsche,mitsubishi or whichever manufacturer wants brembo calipers to fit to their cars?

Not sure how it works but i wouldnt think brembo would just design/make a unique caliper for the GQV so surely there must be another make/model out there that uses the same?

Hopefully then i can just get some that are listed for another car which uses those pads to make life easier or doesn't it work like that?

Thanks for the help so far :thumbs:

done a bit more looking and using the part number from here -->

http://www.gazzellar...cat=4100&page=1

they have the manufacturer code as : SP2603-112

when i put 'tarox SP2603-112' into google it comes up with pads for an evo --

http://froogle.motor...112&PID=1408739

and also a Vovlo S60 2.5T AWD --

http://www.europerfo...?product=222186

both use brembo calipers but then the bit i'm getting confused about is when i look on motorsportworld the brera also have the same part number which won't fit?

http://www.motorspor...112&PID=1407315

The GQV pads have to locating pegs on the back which none of the others use and 156 GTA 330 pads are 0.3mm thicker tham GQV ones that's the difference, but IMO they would fit, but the wear indicator plug is different.

do you mean 156 GTA pads will fit mine? I've seen someone had fitted some pads for 'GTA' 330mm pads and they have rattles as the backing of the pads aren't the same and he swapped them after 2000 or so miles after getting annoyed so don't think they will go :(.

haven't had time to yet but i was going to ask on pistonheads if anyone has any photo's of the pads they have used on either the evo or volvo i found with the same part numbers for, might be lucky enough that someone might be about to change them on their car (hopefully) it seems like those locating pins are the awkward bit, probably why the others rattled if they don't locate properly?

The dimensions are the same, but like I said, you don't have the anti rattle pegs on the GTA pads, which is why atm the GQV pads are unique to your car. But if you were pushed then GTA 330 pads will fit.

ahh, i get what you mean :thumbs: they are low but i dont really use it that often (only at weekends) so not 'urgent' at the moment so i would rather get the right pads for the car, if i can find out if the other pads from the evo etc have the pegs on them i will be able to use them and be able to search more places to see if theres any difrence in price. hopefully they do have the pegs on them as i found them a bit cheaper than the gazzella site :)

Personally I think the standard brakes will be good enough, plus atm no-one does an uprated pad for yours, as it is the only model to use them from any marque.

looks like i'll be doing that then, been looking and can't find anymore info for GQV pads which is a shame :( think i'll change the discs though and have to stick with standard pads. at some point ill get the fluid changed to beter stuff too and do the hoses at the same time. that should be enough :thumbs:

Think I'd go with braided brake hoses too, then you can get the best from the higher grade brake fluid (ATE 5.1)

Yep, makes sense to do it at the same time :thumbs: Was thinking of maybe changing the colour of the calipers, something difrent to the usual red so will see about getting them stripped down & powdercoated & done when its put back together