Sign in to follow this  
mr-mac

20V (156 Gt) Upper And Lower Hoses Silicon

Good news 20v jtdm owners (not 159)

I contacted samco as nobody does a silicon replacement upper ic to intake hose. Samco asked some details and are going to produce an upper and lower 20v specific hose. I am sending them a set of rubber originals for them to be modelled on (lower hose does not need detour as no bolt on gearbox issue).

Samco are going to send me back 1st set of hoses free of charge (bonus). Of which i'll post pictures, details etc as I install them.

Will keep you all posted :)

John

Edited by mr-mac

:cool:

When the gta hoses went there was only one place to get silicone hoses from

I tried to find some for my 156 2.4 10v, couldn't find them anywhere.

Made my own in the end with some metal tubing, for the bend and silicon pipe for the rest, left the bottom hose as it hasn't got any splits in it.

Good news 20v jtdm owners (not 159)

I contacted samco as nobody does a silicon replacement upper ic to intake hose. Samco asked some details and are going to produce an upper and lower 20v specific hose. I am sending them a set of rubber originals for them to be modelled on (lower hose does not need detour as no bolt on gearbox issue).

Samco are going to send me back 1st set of hoses free of charge (bonus). Of which i'll post pictures, details etc as I install them.

Will keep you all posted :)

John

:cool:

Any idea of how much they will cost?

At a guess

same as 16v ones (bout £60ish each)

not a clue though as they havn't made them yet, i'm getting my set free and it's up to samco/stockists to price/sell them.

Edited by mr-mac

Err not exactly...

lower hose can be trimmed to fit. Upper hose on other hand can't. However you trim it the angle at intake end and back of battery is wrong and it when you fit it will always bend hose and create a flat spot. Whether this effects performance or not I'm not sure.

i just asked about top but samco want to do both. Another advantage is for lower hose the 20v doesn't need to detour to keep it away from bolt on gearbox ;)

cheers

john