Sign in to follow this  
flyblo5

305Mm Brembo Adapter Plates

Anyone know where i can get a set of adapter plates to fit 305mm Brembos to a standard 156.

I've been looking for ages but with no luck. Seems to be a million kits if you have a VW but none listed for Alfas.

I know the preffered option is to fit GTA uprights but they are rarer than an honest Politician these days.

Failing that if anyone has the dimensions i'll get some made up.

Otherwise i'll measure it up for myself and start from scratch.

i sorted the thread title for you :thumbs: not sure where you can get them but if you haven't already got the calipers then i'm pretty sure you can also use 305mm calipers off a MiTo (155 or QV) :thumbs: disc size on mine is 305 x 28 if thats any use to you :thumbs:

I had a look on the forum but seemed there was a real problem sourcing the converter plate.

Did you ask smaky if he knew someone or if he can help with the dimensions etc..

There was a guy on alfa owner who has a thread called "the real GTA " he was doing a conversion and had made some plates but can't be sure if he had put up measurements or not ?

They are really only metal plates with 4 holes so not complicated if you know the dimensions and thickness.

Edited by Gibot123

i sorted the thread title for you :thumbs: not sure where you can get them but if you haven't already got the calipers then i'm pretty sure you can also use 305mm calipers off a MiTo (155 or QV) :thumbs: disc size on mine is 305 x 28 if thats any use to you :thumbs:

adaptOr

Just buy gta uprights. Press your hubs into the uprights. There is discussion over the track rod ends but I don't remember having to change mine. Job done. All loks factory then

Btw you'll need new brembo specific brake lines and the brake pipe metal support and 2 copper s pipes made up as well for both sides. You'd need this anyway even if you just use the brackets

I fitted 156 brembos and used 305mm gta/gtv discs with bracket altered from 155 v6 drawing.

Also know an engineering guy in Greece who can make alloy brackets for 156 for any calliper/disk combo (think about £150 but super quality and very good alloy used - he also has an alfa so knows what he is up to. If you send him rotors of your choice he can even do a bell & bracket for you that will work together. (will look up his details if anyone interested.

If I were doing it again i'd use bells/rotors I reckon or find suitable 310 discs that can be re-drilled with 156 hole pattern. Why? Well you will always leave a tiny but of pad not on disc if you use 305's as you can't mount calliper any closer.

You will also likely need spacers in most 17's

My choice of rotors would be wilwood do unltralite 32 hps in 12.19"x1.1" which is almost exactly 310x28 (you won't get bigger than 28mm wide in 166 calliper). http://www.wilwood.com/Rotors/RotorProd.aspx?itemno=160-12206

I think 166 callipers (great choice of pads due to scooby and evo) with custom alloy bells and brackets and the wilwood rotors would be an awesome setup. (even with brembo 305 discs and steel brackets i have it's a fair chunk lighter than std 156 brakes).

John