Sign in to follow this  
WTI

Gt Failed

On airbag warning light.Gonna get someone tommorow to plug it in diagnostic and see what's up.

Any ideas folks?

If its owt like a Gtv it will be some shit quality connection under the seat. Might be just an easy reset

It's not a fail, just an advisory, they CANNOT fail it for an airbag light, it does not make the car unsafe to drive in anyway. Apeal, you'll win.

Smaky's right (as usual!) - the airbag light is not included in the list of defective warning lights that would have been an advisory up until 20th March but are now failures. It's only a failure if the airbag itself is missing/defective.

Erm according to the AA, it's not included. Scroll down to "Warning Lights" http://www.theaa.com...anges-2012.html However, according to this it is included: http://www.motcheckl...12-changes.html.

:Confused:

Think it depends on whether the fault is the light not coming on at all during ignition (eg bulb blowing etc), or the light being constantly on after ignition (eg indicates system fault) If it's the latter then it is a failure, but am not sure about the former. Get the garage to show you where in the MOT testing regs it says Airbag Warning Light not coming on is a failure. Also, where it's a failure for private cars, rather than public/commerical ones.

The airbag warning light stayed on constant.The mechanics I know all say the same now not allowed since 20/3/13

Bummer. :(

I had a similar issue with my old BMW 740i. An airbag reset (performed by my friendly indie) would keep the light off for about a week or so.

Can you not have the light reset and then go straight to the MoT station? :cool:

Bummer. :(

I had a similar issue with my old BMW 740i. An airbag reset (performed by my friendly indie) would keep the light off for about a week or so.

Can you not have the light reset and then go straight to the MoT station? :cool:

Yes you could do. :whistle: