mokicat

New Pr/events Manager..................

Welcome to Devious who is now our official PR/Events manager. :yay:

Devious has some previous experience of car forums so is a welcome addition to our team.

If you have any PR ideas or events you want to share with us please PM Devious :thumbs:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Id do indeed have some experience and will endeavour to do my best to boost the scale and notoriety of AD.

If you do have any ideas, feel free to pm me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Id do indeed have some experience and will endeavour to do my best to boost the scale and notoriety of AD.

If you do have any ideas, feel free to pm me.

Hang on a mo, ain't that .... 'Your' job :LOL:

Order of importance ....

Corporate sponsor...=

Money...=

Fliers....=

Members ....=

Money ...=

Merchandise...=

Money...=

That's me out of ideas for one night :P

Ready and waiting. You gonna do it in a jiffy Smiffy?

Yes no problem if that's what you want :LOL:

• Like 1

Hang on a mo, ain't that .... 'Your' job :LOL:

Order of importance ....

Corporate sponsor...=

Money...=

Fliers....=

Members ....=

Money ...=

Merchandise...=

Money...=

That's me out of ideas for one night :P

Corporate sponsorship - Lets address this... Corporate Sponsorship is an interesting way of generating revenue from "selling" the site, whilst maintaining a modicum of control. Much like floating on the stock market. It's run and maintained in much the same way, the owners are still there but they have to "report" back to the Sponsor. The Sponsor generates a profit by selling advertising space on the site and also charges Site Traders an annual fee.

To get sponsorship in such a way the site has to have "value" both financially and in terms of traffic.

Currently AD has a value of £308.90 with traffic no greater than 300 PCM (roughly £1.70 per person).

We are ranked out of all the Uk's websites at the 1,518,133th spot.

Compare this to another site with similar content.

Value - £30,990

Traffic - 90,996 visits PCM.

Uk ranking - 5,216

Corporate Sponsorship is a non starter at the moment IMO.

Fliers - Unless Alfabouy has changed the format and wording of the flyers, they can be found using the search function or here http://www.alfadriver.com/forum/index.php/topic/578-alfadriver-flyers/page__hl__flyers

These can be printed out at home and distributed whenever you see an Alfa.

With regard to Show spec flyers, there's stuff in the pipeline.

Members - As you are all aware the majority of owners who use forums are registered elsewhere. With this in mind, some bridge building or partnerships may be required.

2013 is gonna be a big year for AD with many shows and events being researched and discussed. I have put forward an idea for a "Show Pack" which will attract attention at shows and hopefully members.

Not getting too stuck in the "Alfa Only" rutt. We are, after all Car enthusiasts so we should welcome all makes. As Mr Clarkeson said "....all true car enthusiasts should own an Alfa at some point in their lives..."

Money and Merchandise - A catch 22 situation for the Founders and Members alike. To provide merchandise, we need funds for stock and setup costs, print runs, etc.

If every registered member donated £1 we would be able to set up the shop quickly. There are 800+ registered members BUT less than 70% are active users. This would mean that a donation of £5-10 per person who actively uses the forum. This may seem like a lot for "nothing" BUT think of the advice and Services Smaky offers. The time he takes to write "How To Guides", the help he gives members. Then consider the time taken by those behind the scenes who run and maintain the site. The cost involved for updating and upgrading the site. The list goes on.

When you look at it like this and consider that we are not charged to register, a ten quid donation for a great community that is full of fun, advice and friendship is well worth it.

Who will be the first to donate?

Would Tesco, Argos, Alfa take all their badges off whilst they were being redesigned?

That's kinda my point when I say about what goes on behind the scenes. Waz takes his time to do them and doesn't charge a GD fee.

It's appreciated by all that you and others do donate Mrs A. The point is one or two members donating wont get everything that the majority are asking for.

Oh no, not my point at all. Just that when I asked for the flyer artwork last was told it was being redesigned, not directed to the current available one. Happy to use anything available tbh.

I can kinda see why people don't donate, too. It's hard to see where the money goes without accounts, etc, and we do have to take a lot on trust this side. I donated what I could and feel I get value from what I use (I don't use the technical side much. but I know others do).

And I'm not trying to be negative, but maybe just playing devil's advocate? I know that people think that anyone making comments is criticising, but owners/founders/moderators/whatever need to be receptive to input, think about it without instantly saying no, giving some reasoned argument as to why it's a yes or a no.

As you have done above ;)

That's fair enough and it's why my post was created, to bring it all together and unified.

I agree with what you are saying about the donations and where it's going, how it's being spent etc and these bits kinda fall under my remit and are being addressed.

As I understand it, you folks are here because you don't like the direction another site has gone and you chose to be here with people you like and trust. That you wanted to set up a site that was run by a democracy not as a commercial entity.

(I think that further discussion of these particular issues should be continued but not publicaly and in an area where others can be involved.)

Congratulations on the new role, Devious. :thumbs:

Nice to see your new signature image is less than 3000x4000 pixels, too. :teehee:

Oh no, not my point at all. Just that when I asked for the flyer artwork last was told it was being redesigned, not directed to the current available one. Happy to use anything available tbh.

I can kinda see why people don't donate, too. It's hard to see where the money goes without accounts, etc, and we do have to take a lot on trust this side. I donated what I could and feel I get value from what I use (I don't use the technical side much. but I know others do).

And I'm not trying to be negative, but maybe just playing devil's advocate? I know that people think that anyone making comments is criticising, but owners/founders/moderators/whatever need to be receptive to input, think about it without instantly saying no, giving some reasoned argument as to why it's a yes or a no.

As you have done above ;)

Right now in the bank we have approx £110. We have a grand total of around 6 paid members. If we took off what it would cost for Waz to design and build the site and maintain it we would be - £5,000 at least and add in hosting costs - another couple of grand. We have money outstanding for the dreaded stickers as well. We do have accouts :thumbs: munky and I have a legal contract, everything is above board.

I don't think founders are ever unreceptive to input the fact is we get very little at the moment. This site will always be for members, and we will consider their input as much as is possible, but sometimes founders etc have to make decisions based on member support, bank balances and time factors. ...otherwise we wouldn't survive...even this long.

The sad fact is this site won't progress until we make some revenue to get on our feet, and if it doesn't it will just fade away like some others.

I don't think people criticising is a bad thing - but it is when they don't rationalise it with what we have got to work with, and balance it with the costs of obtaining what they want/need the forum to do.. it's difficult to make an argument that is understood. We won't be able to make everyone happy, all of the time.

This isn't directed at you Mrs A, but I think it does need to be clarified for other too members which is why I have answered including your post :thumbs:

None taken, all points are valid, after all.

Feedback tends to be given when asked for, I think, and has been.

As a member who also chips in ... I agree with Mrs A , but I'll keep it zipped out of protocol :Big Grin:

Good luck with it all :thumbs:

Doesn't that defeat the object of a member lead forum?