Sign in to follow this  
Anjenha

Rover bods....

Little info required, please.

My neighbour has a REALLY old 214 which has an issue much like a crank sensor. Sometimes not starting, sometimes just dying at junctions.

However the fault kicked up by the computer is 'Temp Sensor' (However, unplugging the crank sensor completely doesn't kick up a fault, either) The car is so old, that Hubby's OLD diag kit plays tricks while plugged into it :facepalm:

Anyway, this doesn't feel right to me, as the temp sensor controls fuelling, but fuel would still get through, surely?

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Might get more help if you sign up to rovertech they are a friendly bunch

The old 214 is a thirsty beast at best, but the symptoms of the crank sensor are caused by 2 other things on them aswell, as the kit says, air temp sensor (or as we know it MAF) or a blocked cat.

Thanks Smaky, was a dodgy spark in the end :facepalm: it was messing up the diagnostic readings. All sorted now

My issues were not from Rovertech. They have been a good bunch on there for the most part tbh.

I can name and shame the shit fora, but I'd rather not. RT caused me no woes at all! :)