Sign in to follow this  
2spark

I want to detail my 156

I did wonder if its too thick, but the issue is after I've buffed, the cloths are new.

One theory I have is the surface is too hot I waxed early this morning when my car was in the shade, but other processes were done later when the sun was shining on my car, possibly the heat has softened the wax.

I know that most people would look at my car and see a very shiny 12 year old motor, but I can't. :(

Just done a bit of research on detailing world, the good news is I'm not alone. :yay:

I think you hit the nail on the head TPR, too thick and too quick.

Think I will invest in a buffing pad for my rotary, so much easier than doing it by hand. For now I will give it another go with a microfibre.

:thumbs:

Heat/sunlight will also mess it up (something to do with chemical reactions changing composition), but it usually results in things drying too quickly and being a bitch (technical term) to remove - especially HD cleanser.

Be keen to see how you get on with the buffing pad K9d. :)

I had my gazebo up yesterday, but it got too windy so I took it down last night.

Will let you know how the buffing pad goes.

Interesting stuff guys, good to see more and more trying this yourself.

The wool pad is only for cutting. Its quite aggressive and used mainly for pretty bad surfaces.

The wax issue is indeed too thick. You want thin layers and many of them, to allow it to bond the painted surface. You have to allow some time for the wax to haze and then buff off by hand. Takes a while but I feel it achieves better results.

On the link I posted earlier its explained in some detail. If there is anything else you feel needs to b explained let me know.

I am happy to do a guide and do and donts as soon as I get a free hour!

Enjoy

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

A guide would be excellent, thanks orgigeorgie. :thumbs:

We have a special section for guides in the Tech Section. If you do manage to write one, please stick it in there. Cheers. :)

I have partly written a guide, which I can send you orgigeorgie as a starting point? Def needs tweaking though, as it's more a set of reminder notes tailored for my mate, rather than a step-by-step guide for everyone.

I have partly written a guide, which I can send you orgigeorgie as a starting point? Def needs tweaking though, as it's more a set of reminder notes tailored for my mate, rather than a step-by-step guide for everyone.

Thanks for the offer mate :) Feel free to amend the one I'm writing now. Should be done sometime next week :) Its on its way :)

On a positive note.

Now I'm back at work and can see my car parked next to others it looks bloody brilliant :yay:

Even better is its raining, British Summer :LOL:, and my beading is a joy to behold. :)

Is this the "Beading" you see on Boysfood??

I had to Google that, but somehow feel that Morgan is very familiar with the site already :LOL:

And no not that sort of beading. :nonono:

P.S. Smaky if you ever get the call to do Sean's V6 belts, whilst your in the area my 156 is in need of some work, I have a big driveway, garage and know how to make tea. :)

Just read this.

The 3M polisher is the best money can buy I have one for my 60 buses I look after.Obviously I wouldn't use company property on my own car :whistle:

Autoglym products are shit totally overated.

There is some misguided information regarding detailing and polishing here :Thinking:

When I've got time might have to start a thread for guidance :)

Just a starter forget all that wool head on your polisher.

Pointless

I will have a look at Farclea stuff. :thumbs: