Sign in to follow this  
Biffa

Gearbox is leaking...

I forgot all about this wonderful alfa world of here... :)

Well i fixed the missing 4th gear issue last week and having done this a couple of times didnt really encounter any issues. But today discoved the bloody gearbox is leaking, i did follow the alfaworkshop website advice ans supported the box which is somthing i've not done before and not encounter any problems.

So the question is do i really have to remove the box to fix this, i know the answer i just dont have the facilities to do this anymore.

Nasty and yes the box will have to come out, nless you are more godlike than me and are able to keep all the gear shafts and diff in place whist balancing the gearbox and mopping the floor.

Better not, I'm moving house... but I can still talk.

The point you went wrong at was supporting the box initially, I don't bother with that and have never had this problem afterwards.

Better not, I'm moving house... but I can still talk.

The point you went wrong at was supporting the box initially, I don't bother with that and have never had this problem afterwards.

You havnt left the airforce have you? You moving somwhere with a garage?

Yeah i've never supported the box before either, and i wont be doing it again lets say.

All fixed, fault not down to supporting the gearbox with a jack but fitting the wrong bolt in the wrong hole. Pictures to follow...

You numpty.

Its back, missing 4th gear just after the new year and i fixed it last week. but to my disapointment i lost 4th agian yesterday coming up pendle hill (i've moved near burnley).

My question is was i dim enough to of missed the swarff or is 5th gear about to emplode.???

Yes it's been fine for over a year, then A few weeks ago I lost 4th again so I removed the end plate and found 3 or 4 teeth, I removed these and 4th work fine again but on Thursday I lost 4th again. The teeth have to be coming from somewhere?