Sign in to follow this  
Calimero

The Moto GP thread

I hope so Honda and Yamaha could do with some real competion.

Ducati are getting closer but close enough.

If aprillia do join next year I'm surprised with there strength in SBK that Cal went to Ducati .

Hopefully with Audi money behind them Ducati can produce a decent bike for next year, they have the development bike that is doing OK in the races, almost keeping up with Hayden and Dovi with a slower rider on board.

Is Cal riding beyond his Yamaha and Bradley is where the bike is really at ?

Interesting point about Cal you could well be right as Bradley is no slouch.

I hope Ducati get the bike sorted. After the problems they had during the Rossi years there .I think it had a diverse affect on him and think its taken till now for him to gain confidence back to push the bike.

Rossi getting back on the plot could be another reason Cal is looking off the plot recently, he's still by far the best of the non aliens :LOL:

Fandabidozi 1st superbike race, 100th of a second (blink of an eye) separated Lowes & Shakey at the finish :cool:

You'd have thought the 1st 4 laps were the last 4 the way they and Ellison were battling for the lead :thumbs:

Last I saw was there was 1 point between Shakey & Lowes and missed the next race cos we had family round :cry:

Those Lowes boys are bloody good, remember meeting them when they were racing 125s, both as daft as brushes. :LOL:

Just caught up with events and apparently Lowes punted Shakey off track so lost out on the points

which went to Ellison in the 2nd outing :facepalm:

Going to make a very interesting showdown :cool:

Just watched the BSB Assen re-run on ITV4 :o

Hard one to call but Shakey definitely slowed too early in the corner by my reckoning and paid the price !

Won't do the organisers any harm though ... 1 point between the top 2 and 3rd spot only 10 behind :rolleyes:

Missed the 1st race, but saw the second on ITV4, I think Alex was to blame, it was mostly a racing incident and if it had been on the last lap or 2 he may have got away with it. But in the bigger picture it sets the last rounds up, it would be unfair for Shakey to lose out on the points, so overall probably the right decision.

Has Tommy Bridewell gone to Milwaukee Yamaha for good now ?

Off topic but I read that ex BSB/GP rider Sean Emmett had his passport confiscated and has been detained in Dubai for

the last 6 months after his new wife fell from a 4th floor balcony and died whilst on a honeymoon stopover :o

Poor bastard...Hope MCN start up a petition for him to be allowed home on his behalf :(

I read that a few days ago, he's not under any suspicion but the poor guy must be suffering enough from his tragic loss without the hassle of being stuck in Dubai. :(

Met him at a WSB meeting, the one when it snowed at Donnington, when he wasn't racing he was always at his teams hospitality tent talking to fans, a genuinely decent bloke.

Moto3 has closed up nicely in the championship :)

Brilliant ride from Scott Redding in Moto2, that's how you do damage limitation :thumbs:

Hopefully when his arm is fully healed he will be even quicker.

Good to see Danny Kent in the points and Gino Rea just outside :)

Moto GP was OK but Moto2 is where the action is, possibly because of cheering on Scott Redding.

He sure is, I won't give away any spoilers but he had the ride of a champion today :)